Serious re-direct problem

Thread: Serious re-direct problem

Unhappy Serious re-direct problem

Everytime I open my browser I automaticly am taken to "newtopsites.com". Windrivers.com has been my home page fro over 2 years. Also when I open the winProxy on the server it shows that I am going first to or through a site called "inmotiongolf.com. any move I make on the internet including mail routes me through this. I know it is spyware and I know it is a java based redirect program and ad-aware cant find it. Also it throws a ton of pop-ups at you of which I have a pop-up stopper that works fine. This is suppose to be a new one that is more advanced than the one that was comming down with Morphus. Can anyone help on this.
    If life is a bitch, then what is death? I believe that I will take the bitch...

Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, LAN settings, make sure all the fields are blank and all the checkboxes are clear.

Can I assume you tried changing the homepage in IE back to windrivers?
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

[quote]Originally posted by Ahcoraj:
    <strong>Can I assume you tried changing the homepage in IE back to windrivers?</strong><hr></blockquote>

Done that and it will change my home page in a few minutes. I am more concerned with being redirected through another server somewhere.
    Thanks

[quote]Originally posted by MacGyver:
    <strong>Control Panel, Internet Options, Connections, LAN settings, make sure all the fields are blank and all the checkboxes are clear.</strong><hr></blockquote> Thanks Mac This is acting like some kind of virus. First of all I should be going direct to windrivers.com. But I dont. I am first routed to <a href="http://www.inmotiongolf.com" target="_blank">www.inmotiongolf.com</a> then a ton of pop-ups and finally windrivers. I have a pop-up stopper that work great. Also I have a cookie that I cant remove.

If worse comes to worse just format and reinstall
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

Try doing a repair of Internet Explorer, or a complete removal. You can do both of these through the add/remove programs control panel app.

check this link
    <a href="http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&th=cd802f3dce5837f3&rnum=3" target="_blank">http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&oe=ISO-8859-1&th=cd802f3dce5837f3&rnum=3</a>

good luck