[RESOLVED] Office 97 problem

Thread: [RESOLVED] Office 97 problem

shorddpimp

Resolved [RESOLVED] Office 97 problem

I have a customer that is having a problem with Microsoft Word and Excel.. It may be happening a little in other applications, but not quite as frequently, the problem is an error the user didn't write down.. At any rate, the error says that WINWORD.EXE performed an illegal operation in module 014f:xxxxxxxx.. The xxx's represent the only part of the error the user can't remember.. I have replaced the motherboard and the memory in this machine and it works for like 3 weeks and then starts happening again.. REALLY STRANGE! Any help is appreciated..

Chris

what video card is in the machine? Therewas in issue with the an ati card and a certain driver revision (sorry cant remember exactly what ones). If it's an ATI, try changing the vid card.

Cool

Is this computer running SR-1, SR-2, or no patch for office97? I seen this with computers that were not running at least SR-1.
    To see if it is running any of the patches open up word and go to the help menu, then go to "About Microsoft Word". The first line on the diolog box should say "Microsoft Word97 ..." ... being SR-1 SR-2 or blank.

SJ

[This message has been edited by sj (edited December 20, 1999).]
    SJ
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Its hard for a computer to make up for lack of user intelligence!!!

shorddpimp

Thanx for the replies.. I still havn't gotten to the bottom of it.. I loaded the patches for office myself a couple of days ago, and that didn't correct the problem any.. I'm exploring the possibility of the machine having a video problem.. The motherboard has onboard video but I'm not using it because I don't like to rely on that.. I may just try to use it for a few days to see if that will fix the problem.. Any other suggestions are appreciated..

Christopher