[RESOLVED] Unable to display non disclosure agreement

Thread: [RESOLVED] Unable to display non disclosure agreement

jimmm33

Resolved [RESOLVED] Unable to display non disclosure agreement

I have a customers machine (a very grumpy customer) that had the MTX virus.

It is an HP 8650c. When I boot the machine it would get to the HP splash screen and then just shut down. I made a bootable cd with f-prot and new sign.def on it ran it from dos. It found the virus and appears to have fixed it.

The boot problem remains. I tried to run setup from the cd and got an error saying setup could not continue because the disk was compressed. I dont know if the customer compressed the drive or not. I tried to run the setup from c:\windows\options\cabs and it appeared to work until it got to User Information screen. I hit Next and get this error: Message SU0350, Setup was unable to display the nondisclosure agreement. Setup will now close. (error code = 5001)

Now I cant reboot without setup continuing and getting the same error.

Please help before this customer kicks my ***!

x_789

HE should have an HP RESCUE DISK SET 2 cds in a little blue cd holder they will let you reload machine but it will take forever and it will format disk maybee even fdisk depending on the version. X

jimmm33

I got the customers restore disks. I put disk one in the machine and booted to it and looked like it was going to work. I selected Restore but the machine just sits there. I waited 40 minutes but no change on the screen.

I ran Tuff Test Pro to check the HD, HD controller, and RAM. Everything passes.

Will a format be necessary? I'm afraid that if I format then I'll still have the problem, but no data.

This is the kind of crap that stresses me out. Someone please help!

sebass54

I would let it sit over night. I had a Compaq PC that I ran a Quick (yeah right!) Restore on and it would zoom all the way up to 53% and just sit there. It seemed as if it had frozen. I got mad grabbed a beer and went to bed, forgetting to turn off the piece of crap.

I got up the next morning and the restore was completed! I guess it tok it a few hours and their progress meter wasn't the best.

------------------
    "then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way..."

GirlGeek

Jimmmm
    here's a link to what the MTX virus does to a system, it's rather nasty and takes system files with it. Norton gives detailed directions for removal but does suggest that a reformat and reinstall is easiest. Check out the link and decide for yourself though, good luck!
    http://service1.symantec.com/sarc/sa...l/W95.MTX.html

------------------
    Sarchasm: The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit, and
    the recipient who doesn't get it.