I.E. Downloads

Thread: I.E. Downloads

Post I.E. Downloads

Happy New Year all. Especially those who can answer this...

Someone at the office last week asked me how you can have more than 2 downloads running from Internet Explorer at the same time? I said I'd seen it somewhere and would get back to them. Well I can't find out how, or remember how, but I know it was easy as I've done it before. Does anyone know the easy answer before I have to go back in to work tomorrow morning and admit I don't know how?

Thanks in advance!
    I never apologize to anyone ever. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am. (Homer Simpson, 1999)

You are correct. You can downloads mutliple files from the Internet at the same time in IE by clicking the links to each file. If one download has not yet finished, you can still begin the next download without waiting for the first one.

If you are on a dial-up connection to the Internet, however, your download speed may be significantly slower for each download because the available bandwidth of your dialup connection is divided by the number files you are downloading at the same time.
    L

Welcome to four more years of the most dangerous presidency in history.

I believe this is what you are looking for:

<a href="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=%2fsearch%2fviewDoc.aspx%3fdocID %3dKC.Q282402%26dialogID%3d7897801%26iterationID%3 d1%26sessionID%3danonymous%7c5768043" target="_blank">How to Configure Internet Explorer to Have More Than Two Download Sessions (Q282402)</a>

I've seen this "fix" before. It offers instructions to allow IE to download up to 10 downloads at a time instead of the default limit of 2. Interesting this is, I've never had any problem downloading 5-6 files at once with IE's default installs. Never tried 10 or more though.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Cool

I have had the same experience with multiple downloads, never had a problem downloading 5 or 6 things at the same time other then running outta bandwidth, lol. Never needed the so called fix to do it.

Thank you ya_know, as usual a good fix!

It's very strange how some people can download up to 10+ items at once and others only 2. Personally I have never been able to download more than 2 items at once EVER.

Thanks to everyone for replying so quickly!
    I never apologize to anyone ever. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am. (Homer Simpson, 1999)

<a href="http://www.gozilla.com" target="_blank">this</a> is what i use to get multiple files on a cable/and dial up connections..if the transfer is interupeted it resumes from last place, so if you are getting an *.iso off of a website and you have a machine crash you don't have to start at the begining...
    i love peta...and sars...
    and bin laden....and n. korea....and china...and p2p...spyware...

Even with go-zilla I could never download more than 2 things at one time. I could set many downloads but it would always finish 1 of the 2 before starting the next in line. Did the reg fix suggested by ya_know and even go-zilla can download many at a time.

Thats what I like about Windows, always something there to confuse you! (me)

very very interesting never had to do that registry thing-a-ma-do-hickey, i have always had the ability to get multiple files at once...interesting...
    i love peta...and sars...
    and bin laden....and n. korea....and china...and p2p...spyware...