Not even a BoD

Thread: Not even a BoD

Angry Not even a BoD

Well, I just got done putting some work on a zip disk for the boss, when a WinME machine (with a 533 AMD) just went. The screen went blank, recieving no signal. When I restart the machine, I don't even hear the familiar Bios Beeps. I figured the chip may have blown, mobo blown, or not enough power. Any other suggestions. The CD lights come on, but the HD light doesn't. Power light comes on. It was built by a company I've never heard of, Global.
    Any other thoughts on the matter?

I know it sounds stupid, but is the IDE cable in backwards maybe? I know that causes the video not to display on most machines and not beep.

Check it out.

okay, well i would unhook all power and IDE cables, just have CPU, RAM and video and see what happens. try switching out video and RAM to see if you get ANY video. Then go from there.
    I think the problem is either an ID10T or PEBCAK error

I had the same problem with a p3 500 a while back. I removed everthing from the system, blew it out with some compressed air, and put everything back. I have done this with several systems with mixed results. You may also try removing and readding the CMOS jumpers.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    - Albert Einstein

Its the motherboard she's shorted somewhere
    YOU can't HANDLE the TRUTH!!!