quickbooks backup to packet write cdrw...

Thread: quickbooks backup to packet write cdrw...

Unhappy quickbooks backup to packet write cdrw...

client has quickbooks pro 2001 on network peer to peer. one main unit running win2k pro. everything else is 98se. the 'server' has a seagate tape backup works great but the client wants to have a backup of all qb stuph on cd. using sony spressa 8/4/32 with abCD packet write ware. when she clicks backup in qb, it goes to 99% and then get a disk write error. sometimes when i remove the current cdrw and put it back in the drive, it doesn't recognize that it was ever formatted for packet writes. intuit has nothing on it. can't seem to find anything on it on Prassi's(abCD) end but didn't really expect to. any help team?
    "What does it all mean, Dr. Holmes?"
    "Ahh, I can not tell. I have no data."

"Psssst...hey you...don't tell anyone i told you, but
    -l ds:0100 2 1 12 gets you FAT."

Have you tried a different CDRW or a CDR?
    To each his/her own.

nice signature. holy grail is one of the best!

i thought about a media change. i am pretty sure that abCD doesn't UDF format cdr media. I know direct cd does that comes with roxio's ware but i'm pretty sure abCD does not(do me a favor and tell me how if i'm wrong and it is possible). Off to comp for some new CDRW's hopefully it'll do the trick but it seems like the problem might be more extensive.

Are you sure the disk was formatted for packet writing before using it Willie? I have seen a few Burner-Software combos show that writing was being done, then error out at the TOC.

Dave
    DUDE!! Your face is as blue as this screen! Just reboot. You know you like it.

ya, i'm sure. was able to drag and drop to it with some mp3's.

see the thing is that no where does it say quickbooks supports backups to cdrw. It just has a basic interface without customizable options (BOO!) that is supposed to be idiot proof. well i guess im a better idiot. the option that is available says
    Backup to:
    a)modem -this one is a service intuit offers
    b)tape drive type thingie
    c)floppy or other media

and thats about it. i improved the tape drive type thingie cause i can't remember what it really says but you get the idea. I'd prefer to just create the backup file on the hdd and then burn it to disk as it's own file. i am able to just drag and drop the whole file prefs and all, but the client wants to use the backup/restore options with the software (which i can understand). keep tossin' the idears me buckos!