Wireless network cards

Thread: Wireless network cards

Post Wireless network cards

i have two 3Com AirConnect PCI cards (model 3CRWE777A). of course they're just pcmcia cards stuck in a pci adapter. i want to use them in a couple of laptops, but there is an ominous sticker saying "WARNING!! Do Not Remove PCMCIA Card."

Is this just a scare tactic, or will it really not work (or damage the card) if I take it out?

I've never pulled one physically, but I do know the numbers match from a PCMCIA to the "pci" wireless cards

Give it a crack and let us know!

Never seen that sticker, but i'd bet it's a load of s*&^ I have a linksys that works in or out of it's PCI holder. if I'm not mistaken the only current in the system comes from the bus, so theres little to no chance of harm........
    "give a man a fish, and he will eat a meal, teach a man to fish...."

i figured as much. turns out we're going to be selling those cards, so i don't want to tamper with them. thanks for the info though.

I think what that sticker ment to say was don't pull them out while the computer is on. I have two usrobotic nics one with the pci adapter and it has the same sticker on it but I have installed them both in laptops with no issues.
    "I feel like one of those mass murderers on death row. I never understood how the hell they got more chicks than I did. Now I know. They sold crap on eBay." -- Anonymous ebayer

"I figured out what's wrong with life: it's other people." -- Dilbert

I think previous post is correct, I work with the linksys adapters, which come seperately, and they say that you should never remove the card when the computer is on, as the PCI adapter is not hot swappable like a PCMCIA slot would be