Ok Linux Guys I have a question...... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ok Linux Guys I have a question......

Originally posted by Cobra MacLeod:
    We use Red Hat on our servers at work, and I use it at home as well. I like it a lot, and I've also played around with Caldera, and found that to be a nice distro too.

If you can find a copy of Corel Linux somewhere, that is supposedly the easiest and most user friendly Linux distro on the market, but I've also heard that it was the weakest as well. And since Corel has decided to stop developing it, I don't know what the status is of their support for it.

I'll recommend Red Hat since that's the distro I've worked with most, and know the best.
    I've tried corel and redhat. Prefer red myself; had A LOT of trouble with the corel install (which is surprising from what i've heard). Neither of them crashed once on me though; which is a nice bonus.
    Nicholas "Raijen" Furniss
    http://www.raijen.com/img/smiley-saber.gif

If it's humanly possible to make something worse VIA a patch, Micro$oft WILL manage it

Remember - only the special people can get high on Air http://www.raijen.com/img/smiley-tongue.gif

Visit My Homepage at http://www.raijen.com

I'm suprised to see lots of people having problems installing RedHat, these have to be releases prior to 7.0. My install of that was so easy it was almost stupid. The only problems I had was deciding what to install it as, server, workstation and what GUI's to install and if it should boot to the GUI or not.
    Heck, I even installed it 3 times one day just for the heck of it on the same machine trying the different options.
    ...I don't get it...

Of course, if you want the real deal, go with debian. l can't believe l forgot to mention that!
    BreakWindows
    God told me to skin you alive..

im running a mandrake machine at work and a Slackware disto at home...if you are a first timer, i would definately recomend Mandrake 7.2 with the KDE2.1 interface...very well laid out and easy to setup. i'm not a big fan of the gnome desktop. i will mention this...the intel i8xx series chipset support is crap...my box at work has developed a wierd shake on my 21' monitor...just make sure that the parts you use are
    a. not too old and
    b. not too new
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

I use Redhat 7.0 and Suse 7.0 both on laptops - From an AST 800N (486 Dx-2 50, 12MB Ram, 1.3gb Hdd, no cd, dual batteries), a Toshiba 225CDS P-133/32 to a Tochiba 4000CDS, 32/4/p2-266 and I like the Suse better - as a novice I found that Suse was easier to setup, configure and go back to repair.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010