GateWay????????????

Thread: GateWay????????????

Post GateWay????????????

Funny thing happened yesterday. Got a call from Gateway. Asked if I was familiar with their computers. What I wanted to say is their computers suc#. But I was nice and said I've seen to many problems with them. He told me they got better and wanted me to look into them as workstations!!! Like I need more problems on the network. Must really be hurting for business. Probably I'll here from e-machines today
    Must not strangle users. Repeat. Must not strangle users.

Darren Wilson

Could be even worse, and PC-Chips call you up offering their BookPC's

What's the industry coming to? Do they think everyone is an idiot?

Too bad E-machines is no more - I was just about to replace all 300 of systems on the network with them. Bummer

I've got no loyalty to one manufacturer or another. But I have to say, we recently purchased 85 new Gateway laptop and desktops.

The stuff has been great, but there were some small problems. Defective Logitech and MS mice and one monitor the went poof!

Through it all, Gateway hasn't given us any hassles. They've just replaced it outright. We were even able to negotiate pricing with them.

Again, no brand loyalty. Just alot of bang for the buck!
    "what'dya mean I hosed the whole thing? Is that bad?"

DaOnly123Kid

Originally posted by Milenko:
    Too bad E-machines is no more - I was just about to replace all 300 of systems on the network with them. Bummer

and you sad that you can't replace 300 comps with e-machines....are you really a tech???

I usually trash PCChips but I got a sweet deal on a BookPC (I'm a VAR) and I have been using it at home. Except for the fact it blows chunks on benchmarks (Slow is too fast a word to describe it) It is as solid as a rock and no, I am not drunk
    "What happened to coffee flavored coffee?"

Originally posted by Darren Wilson:
    Could be even worse, and PC-Chips call you up offering their BookPC's
    hey...i got one of those for free...runs pretty good w/ a 566c/128mb/18gb hd.
    of course, i would never SELL one of them to anyone, but i hooked it up to the TV and it makes a pretty good DVD/Web machine. just hope the video doesnt go or ill be SOL =)
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

Sorry but Gateway were ok in the good old 2000 days, they've just got suckier and suckier as they got bigger and bigger!
    Where's Jennie??????

CREAMFIELDS - August Bank Holiday Weekend - Old Liverpool Airport. The dance event of the year.

eMachines isnt out of business jsut yet, they are trading for 23 cents a share and declining but they arent far away from it,.. BTW i would have told Gateway what they could do to improve their machines to be used as workstations on a LAN
    Some people say i am indecisive, but i dont think i am, but sometimes i do.

Originally posted by Skatman:
    eMachines isnt out of business jsut yet, they are trading for 23 cents a share and declining but they arent far away from it,.. BTW i would have told Gateway what they could do to improve their machines to be used as workstations on a LAN
    May get the chance. Sent me info on boxes, so I called him back. Told him if he really wants to show me what their boxes can do, send me one to evaluate for a week or two. Said he will get back to me tomorrow. I'll keep you guys posted.