Gigabite board and rage 128 pro

Thread: Gigabite board and rage 128 pro

Post Gigabite board and rage 128 pro

GA-60xm7E ver2.0 and a ATI xpert 2000pro 32mb. fresh winME install with inf update and dx8 installed. install the video drivers(latest ver), reboot...blank...no video once in windows. Reboot to safe mode, kill the video driver, reboot, video. Install 1 version lower of video drivers, reboot, same prob. Did this with every version of the video drivers that I could find. I know this card works because I just had it in a testbench with ME loaded and it worked fine.
    Anyone ever ran this mobo and vid card together before? This is the first time I have ever had this config.

Angry

Haven't ran into that particular combo with the Gigabyte (Intel chipset) and ATI vid cards before.
    I have run into a similar conflict with ALi based motherboards and the ATI video card series. Even with bios, chipset and video updates, I still had no luck eventhough, like you, knowing the vid board was good. What I finally did was opt out for another video board. Wish I had more to offer.....
    "Good advice is only good if followed."
    ***poof***ShAzAm vanished!

thanks for the reply. I did manage to get it working. just loaded optimim defaults in the bios and viola! Still have no idea what setting had been changed, but it works now so I will be spending no more time on it.

Cool

I had that problem actually with several different boards using a ATI Rage 128 Series Video card and windows ME Drivers. Even the ones from ATI's website don't work, it just gives an error and halts the system. There's no real fix for it except ditch WinME.... then it work fine! Hope that helps
    I wonder what happens when I push this button. . . . . .