DVD Problems

Thread: DVD Problems

Cool DVD Problems

Hey Gang,

I'm running one of the new Asus A7V-133 motherboards with onboard audio. The cpu is a 1gig T-bird, 128mg PC133, Creative PCI Modem and a BTC 12X DVD. Everything is rosey except when I go to play a DVD disk. The sound and video are jerky. The DVD player software is Power DVD by Cyberlink.

If I disable the onboard audio and switch to a stand alone sound card the problem goes away. I would like to be able to use the onboard sound because of the obvious costs factor, plus, the Via audio is actually very good for waves, mp3's, and CDs.

Any ideas how I can get around this problem with the DVD and the onboard sound?? Thanks in advance

------------------

WildTech
    I need a vacation!
    WildTech
    Unless your the lead dog, the view never changes!

pumpkinhead77

Try updating the drivers for teh sound card or using a different DVD player software. I have had problems with my DVD's sound on certain Players

------------------
    If it's not broken....Fix it!

archangel

Could it be that the audio drivers are using your processors, much like winmodems? If so, perhaps the CPU can't handle the load of the DVD and Sound Card. I'm not sure about the sound card using CPU power, perhaps someone else may have more info. I would follow pumpkin's advise and update all drivers.

------------------
    www.el-mono.com

Update you VIA chipset drivers and your VIA sound driver and your Video card driver. My company builds several configurations based on a via KT-133 chipset similar to your motherboard, we initially had similar problems in the testing phase untill all of the drivers were updated. We also use Cyberlink's PowerDVD version 2.55 as our software DVD player. I hope this helps.

Cool

Thanks for the reply guys. I figured it out. Power DVD 2.55 came with the DVD player. I went to Cyberlink's site and downloaded the trial verion of PowerDVD 3.0 and the problem is gone. Apparently, the 3.0 version of PowerDVD eliminates whatever was causing my problem. I'm making contact with the manufacturer of the drive with hopes that they will send me the 3.0 version.

Thanks again.

------------------

WildTech
    I need a vacation!
    WildTech
    Unless your the lead dog, the view never changes!