[RESOLVED] Red lines under folder names

Thread: [RESOLVED] Red lines under folder names

joelen

Post Red lines under folder names

Got a weird one.

Have a customer with Win98 se, fresh install, all drive letters, and also all folder names are appearing with a red underline. Not the folder names, jut the folder icons and drive icons.

all settings for dekstop colors, etc are default-- cannot get it to turn off.

any ideas?

------------------
    The unbreakable toy is good for breaking other toys...

Jvaguy

who installed it .. them or you ... and is it a real windows cd .. id redo it and use another cd .. and then see .. (make sure you do a complete format)

------------------
    I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together

lycia69

Are you sure they didn't just change folder options and set it to "Underline icons consistant with my browser setting"?

joelen

It 'supposedly' came to him that way (we installed here) but we went thru a fresh install, fdisk, format, etc and installed windows-- it is a OEM copy of windows- wea re a licensed dealer....

never seen this one before-- he sent a screen shot of it too-- so we had to believe him

------------------

joelen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lycia69:
    Are you sure they didn't just change folder options and set it to "Underline icons consistant with my browser setting"?</font>
    yes- that was one of the first things the tech checked that got this call....

------------------

Some sort of Tweak or Virus?

------------------
    It Works Better if you Plug it in, It Works far better if you Turn it ON!
    Real stupidity beats Artifical Intelligence

joelen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gabriel:
    Some sort of Tweak or Virus?

</font>
    Can't be a tweak or virus--- fresh install- it 'supposedly' was like that the first time he started windows after we loaded it here, i checked with the tech who took the call, he also had the customer run Fdisk- delete and recreate the partition (just one), reformat and reinstall windows....

------------------

RIOT

Try going to "View" and "Folder Options" to see if it is set to "Web Style." If it is, just change it back to "Classic Style." You might have already checked this, but it's the first thing I thought of.

joelen

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RIOT:
    Try going to "View" and "Folder Options" to see if it is set to "Web Style." If it is, just change it back to "Classic Style." You might have already checked this, but it's the first thing I thought of.</font>
    Yeah- we did check that-- thanks though....

the customer is supposedly reformating/reinsatlling again this morning--- hopefully it was just a weird fluke that won't happen this time around.....

------------------