will not retain dial up settings

Thread: will not retain dial up settings

Post will not retain dial up settings

weird, I set up IE to automaticaly dial my default connection, and it works, until i restart the system. After restart the systems reverts to "never dial" reset settings, and it works. Restart and it reverts. Why! I can't figure it out.

------------------
    Windows (N): A 32 Bit patch to a 16 bit graphical interface based on a 8 bit operating system originaly encoded for a 4 bit processor writen by a 2 bit company that cant stand 1 bit of competition.
    Windows (N): A 32 Bit patch to a 16 bit graphical interface based on a 8 bit operating system originaly encoded for a 4 bit processor writen by a 2 bit company that cant stand 1 bit of competition.

Question

so i now have 2 customers with the same problem. Running ESS Smart link modems. I have alreay run the patch to avoid using the circit that cause the modem device to not respond. The problem with the no auto dial, seems to be afecting many of my customers that have been updated. They can connect manualy, but DUN will not coe up when a internet tool is launced, becasue DUN keeps defaulting to Never Dial a connection, when it has been set to Always Dial my Default connection. Also seems to only affect WIN ME systems, as i am using a SMART link Card, but in a 95 Enviroment. IE 5.5 SP1. Any ideas????

------------------

This can also be an issue with your windows password lists. If you logon as a different user or not logon when making the changes or have already made the changes then IE will seem not keep the settings you give it.

------------------
    Your mother looks like a hampster and your father smells of elderberries!
    To each his/her own.

Do you hit escape or cancel when windows ask at initial boot up? If so, windows needs to have a username and password to have a profile so it can associate the dial up username and password to the profile.

Try signing in or creating a whole new profile.

------------------
    Say what?
    I was here, here I was, was I here? I hope I was....