cd burning software does not recognize the rw, but cd-rw drive works fine as a cd-rom

Thread: cd burning software does not recognize the rw, but cd-rw drive works fine as a cd-rom

Question cd burning software does not recognize the rw, but cd-rw drive works fine as a cd-rom

cd burning software does not recognize the rw, but cd-rw drive works fine as a cd-rom. creative model 8439e (though packaging listed 8432e). I don't have the device drivers. os=win 98se p-233mhz. went to easy ce crwator site, no dn loads availble for this model. manufacturer site doesn't list this model. any help is appreciated [email protected]

Darren Wilson

What software is supplied with this Drive?

If Adaptec/Roxio then goto http://www.roxio.com and download any updates

If Nero, goto http://www.ahead.de and download any updates there.

as it is creative you may need to visit here:
    http://www.creative.com/cdrw/

or this for driver and firmware updating:
    http://www.creative.com/cdrw/support...Files&x=32&y=5

ok?

Mr Miyagi, by any other name... (is this sig short enough?)

Type_O_Negative_1320

Very strange...I recently ran across this problem with my system. I have a Memorex 1622, and it can read CDs, but cannot write or rewrite. I've updated the drivers, the firmware, tried 4 different cd recording applications, but to no avail. The system is a PIII 450 with 192MB of RAM running Windows 98SE. Any ideas as to how to make this thing work again, or should I just scrap it?

Cool

Originally posted by Type_O_Negative_1320:
    <STRONG>Very strange...I recently ran across this problem with my system. I have a Memorex 1622, and it can read CDs, but cannot write or rewrite. I've updated the drivers, the firmware, tried 4 different cd recording applications, but to no avail. The system is a PIII 450 with 192MB of RAM running Windows 98SE. Any ideas as to how to make this thing work again, or should I just scrap it?</STRONG>

Deer friend,

Try to go to bios and enable USB fonction( universal serial bus controller), your cdrw will started well. good success.

I have seen that installing the CDRW after the software can cause this problem. Reinstalling the software may fix the problem...at least it did for me.

This is not uncommon. I bought the TDK 12X10X32X when it first came out, installed it, and behold, Easy CD Crater 4 didn't recognize it! It took them 3 or 4 months to come up with drivers for it. Now it works fine.

problem with dvdrw not recognised in me as dvdrw

I Had Lg Cdrw Before Which Was Working Nice In Win Me But Recently I Have Changed It With Lg Dvd Rw Multi Drive Gsa H55n Now I Am Facing Probmlem That It Is Not Recognised As Dvdrw But As A Cd Rom In Windows Me But Same Working Fine In Windows Xp I Dont Know Wats The Problem Please Help Me

Welcome to Windrivers SSCool74

So you have put the drive in two different machines or are you dual booting Windows ME and XP?

The first thing to do would be to download and install the motherboard chipset drivers for the Windows ME machine. These drivers tell Windows how to treat things like DVD and Hard drives.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."