[RESOLVED] Web page doesnt load graphics

Thread: [RESOLVED] Web page doesnt load graphics

H-Bomber

Post Web page doesnt load graphics

Wasnt too sure where to post this one, but hopefully someone can help me out. We have a client who have put up a web page recently, but when attempting to load the page, it doesnt load up all the graphics. The website address is: www.wsp.com.au for those who want a better idea what I'm talking about.

Would these problems be associated with cache settings in someway, relating to Internet Explorer (or Web browsers in general, or would it more than likely be the fault of the ISP hosting the page? Any ideas regarding this problem would be appreciated, since the clients are getting a little annoyed, thanks.

shawnMt

loads up fine from my view. by the way at the bottom of the page is "This site has been optimized for viewing at 600x800" it should read 800x600.
    shawn

alioops

your right. went to the page and only a couple of the graphics loaded. when I right clicked on the graphics and chose to view image, i could, and then the image that I chose would show on the page as well. that is really strange.....

alicia

H-Bomber

Hehe thanks for pointing that out Shawn, I noticed it also .. dumbasses (The people who made the page are propper web authors .. I dunno) Anyway It seems this problem is now solved, after getting in contact with web authors, and the ISP hosting the site, it has somehow magically fixed itself .... Obviously no one is taking the blame for screwing it up in the first place, but you get that. If someone else wouldnt mind testing the page again to make sure it works ok, maybe you could try it again alioops, thanks.

just_a_tech

loaded up fine for me

------------------
    [email protected]

alioops

sorry, tried it again, but the only graphics that loaded where the ones that I had opened last night(they are in cache in my computer. There are three graphics that I didn't touch last night, and they are showing up as broken links. When looking at the source code (I am not a web page author by any means) it showed the pics as being in a separate directory (the images directory???) would that make any difference????

wish I could help you more, but don't know that much. I will not try to look at the broken pics, so I can test it for you later, if you wish.

alicia

Bloody slow, but it all loaded in IE5 at 49333. Still says 600x800 though.

------------------
    Who needs a life, I have Internet!
    www.nineworlds.net
    Who needs a life, I have Internet! <a href="http://members.cnx.net/reboot/" target="_blank">Jim & Sue's Free Files</a> | <a href="http://reboot.8m.com" target="_blank">Jim's Modems</a> | [email protected]

Unhappy

Just went to check-it out for myself and nescape 4.61 flash a message about not being able to load some of the graphics.Which it didn't.
    Sorry to say, but from here, it ain't fixed yet!
    Good Luck

H-Bomber

Hmm, strange ..... Still loading up fine for me. For the record Ali, what browser are you using? Not that it should matter since it says the site is optimized for IE4 and Netscape 4. Does anyone have any ideas why this occurs? Did the web developers screw up the links to the pics, or arent they located in the right places on the ISP who is hosting the site? Seems real strange that it loads on some, but no all PC's. Dont expect it to change from 600x800 to 800x600 either, I didnt make the page nor can I change it, you'll have to live with it, even though it is annoying. Thanks for checking this out for me.

alioops

I am using netscape 4.5. most of the graphics are now loading, but one stubborn one is not. I think I am getting most of the graphics from cache, because I had right clicked on them and selected show graphic. I do not have this problem on other web pages. the problem comes from the customers of that page. not all of them would know that they could do this, nor would they care. maybe most of them will have no problem but some are going to and they are not going to take the time to start right clicking. For this reason, the web developers should be in fixing the problem..... for the record, I also tried to load the page from work, using ie4, and had the same result. not slamming you, but the web developers are getting paid to do their job, and it is their responsibility to do it right, and it looks bad on your company if they don't, not them.

alicia