[RESOLVED] cd rom not recognized

Thread: [RESOLVED] cd rom not recognized

cc272

Resolved [RESOLVED] cd rom not recognized

when i boot my system my cd is not recognized but if i boot to dos then go to windows it works. Somehow the cdrom was erased from autoexec bat and config file. Then when you go to control panel and under system devices there is a yellow exclamtion mark under ide controller. what can I do????? I checked extended memory in DOS and checked for a virus and none detected.

Someone please help!!!!!!!

Lightbulb

Dose device manager show a cd-rom drive. If it dose delete it and reboot.

I would try to figure out what is wrong with the controllers. Try updating the drivers for the IDE controllers or looking for a conflict. I have found that they sometimes go bad on older Acers and Packard Bell's. Especially ones made by CMD. If I load "real" mode drivers for the cd drive it usually starts working. However, I only do this as a last resort.

------------------
    I always do what the voices in my head tell me!

William Barnhart

Thumbs up

Originally posted by BAD.IRON:
    Dose device manager show a cd-rom drive. If it dose delete it and reboot.
    IT IS POSSABLE it might be a perprietary CDRom (panasonic , mitsumi, or sony)If it is then the ribbon cable is connected to your sound card. if this is the case, look for the drivers for your sound card (the cdrom drivers are included-NOTE: most ALL of the perprietary CDRom/sound card companies have gone out of bussiness, so GOOD LUCK -"AZTECH" & "OAKTECH")The best thing for you to do is to buy a new cdrom or return the one you got.

Budget Computers , www.thegrid.net/budgetcomputers
    [email protected]