unix printing question

Thread: unix printing question

Post unix printing question

I have setup an hp 8150 printer w/ jet direct port on a sco box...no problem. My question is how to set it up to be able to print to tray 2. Tray 3 is the default tray, which is fine but I have a customer that prints alot to legal paper and wants to set tray 2 for legal and leave tray 3 for letter. Any suggestions?

Exclamation

While I don't have a direct answer to your question, you might check out the <a href="http://www.hp.com/cposupport/software.html" target="_blank">HP's website for Drivers & Downloads</a>. Enter Laserjet 8150 and follow the bouncing ball. Scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page...your Manuals are available for download. Hopefully, you'll be able to find what you're looking for...Good Luck!
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

You shouldn’t have to do anything. If the job printed is in legal page format, the printer should pick that up. It has already interpreted the drawer setting as legal, or letter (provided that the settings in the drawer are correct), so that it will automatically select the legal drawer.

As to the question, to change the default drawer, you can pick from the printer console, it should be under the paper-handling menu, just select which drawer you want to be first.

Also, you can use the 8150 drivers installed on the PC to select different input drawers at the PC itself.