Simple video conference software recommendations?

Thread: Simple video conference software recommendations?

Post Simple video conference software recommendations?

I've been asked to consult for an educational company on video conference / collaboration software.

Requirements : Audio, still / staggered pictures, shared white board, chat window (optional). The trasnmission site is a win2k professional box with a 56k line (upgrade to 128k is an option). Clients would probably be running win98 or 2k boxes.
    The package should preferably operate over the internet. Security for the transmitted conference is not a consideration at this time.

So far I believe I could cobble together a partial solution using Personal web server, roger wilco and perhaps a chat program but the users would prefer an integrated package.

Any advice / ideas would be welcome. Thanks for your time.
    What does this button do?

Bobity1000

One very simple solution is to use Microsoft Netmeeting. It is FREE, currently anyway but you know M$, I use this for the school I work with. The main disadvantage is that you can currently only connect to one other person for video/pictures but a number of people for the white board features etc. One point though if you are using this for school(s)then you may want to only allow those schools access to the others b y setting a phone book of those schools that are able to connect and by also setting obscure names for the schools e.g. by using animals and then the county or school letters e.g.

Zebra as the animal and glc (greater london council) so the school would become:

zebraglc

Hope this helps.

Regards