Email Problems

Thread: Email Problems

Post Email Problems

Lately i seem to be getting a lot of email with no subject and no body in the email just a blank with the from and to line filled. I know the email is suppost to have something in it because most of it is off a discussion form. I have both Outlook 2000 and outlook express and they both have the same results ? I DL and tryed a program called popcorn that reads the mail right off hte server and everything is fine on the server... ????? I formated and reinstalled everything on my putter hoping this would help but nothing... same thing

I also received several of these recently from LockerGnome....the problem seems to have resolved its self.
    ""in certain cases...one remains a philosopher only by being silent." -Friedrich Neitzsche "

The only time I've encountered this is if the e-mail is sent in a format your e-mail progam can't read. I've seen it with some customers who have old Juno software , before the web was included. The only other time is if it's sent from some free accounts ( yahoo comes to mind ) where if you hit the return after typing the to line it sends it without message ( I've done this ). However I haven't seen problems from companies though. Have you scanned for a virus lately? I mean from a clean boot, none of these from windows things? Maybe check you internet connection, or your isp. Maybe you are not downloading properly, if you can view them on the server but not on your computer? Just some ideas, sorry I know nothing real specific for you, but they are ideas to start from maybe.....

GLSmith
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

Thumbs up

Well i seem to have figured it out... I wasent thinking when this problem started i had just installed IE 6.0 and Outlook express 6.0 then when i formated i reinstalled both programs before testing my email. Must have had a bad DL or something because i couldent uninstall eather. eather that or its not totally compatible with outlook 2000.. after a fresh format again!!! my email seems fine with with IE 5.5 so i think ill stick with this for a while.