Citrix Metaframe.....

Thread: Citrix Metaframe.....

Question Citrix Metaframe.....

Anybody use this currently or used it before? I'm just after the info you don't get from sales people, i.e. problems! Will probably want to run from 2000 server to 2000 client. Any help would be appreciated.

Ta
    JT
    "Today is a Gift, thats why they call it the present"

Smile

I know of ALOT of clients that ran Metaframe on top of Windows NT 4.0 Terminal Server but most are just dropping the Citrix Metaframe and using the Windows 2000 Terminal Services. This is what we used to use at my company before it went down like the Titanic...

JKS
    I can't understand why people are frightened by new ideas. I'm frightened of old ones.
    John Cage (1912-1992)

The last I worked on was Metaframe 1.8 on Windows 2000 and I must say that its much stabler than in the days of NT 4.0 terminal server. Good info. on their website and at <a href="http://www.thethin.net" target="_blank">http://www.thethin.net</a>
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" -Benjamin Franklin

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar

What type of applications are you looking to have your users run? We've been running Metaframe 1.8 for about a year and a half, it's the best sh*t in the world if you ask me.

Once you get it configured properly it's rock solid. You can see who all is logged onto the server, every process they are running, and whether or not they are actually doing anything or just sitting there staring at the screen. You can also shadow any user to fix problems.

One very important thing, if you expect to print from Citrix, use only supported printers, preferably HP laserjets. We've had many a bluescreen from deskjets and crappy Canon bubblejets.
    WWBRD?

Hi peeps. Thanks for your comments, I've heard it's quite good and can speed up life dramatically. We would be looking to run Office products, IE5, Outlook, and some educational packages (being a school).

I'll check out the website address one of you has provided and see what it looks like. Next will be the training courses..... Is it a package you need a course on or can you learn as you go? Also the one who mentioned using 2000 terminal services, which was better?

Thanks again
    John
    "Today is a Gift, thats why they call it the present"

http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum1/noncgi

Cool

FlashFXP....it rocks!