IE advisor rating password

Thread: IE advisor rating password

Question IE advisor rating password

Dang!! I have a customer that swears he did not put a password on the IE content rating, however you cannot access the rating area without a password. Any idea on how to bypass this trash, or reinstall something to stop the need for the password? He is using ATT for an ISP. Would uninstalling the ISP software fix this? Tried renaming the ratings file to no avail. Tried deleting the ratings file without success as well.

Gimme a bone!!!

------------------
    Got a customer problem? Remember, the old proverb "walk a mile in another man's shoes"

At least you will be a mile away when they start complaining.
    Blessed are the geeks, for they shall internet the world

kubrick

Ive seen this one a few times...
    To delete the password:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\Ratings
    Select the Key in the right-hand pane and delete that sumbeeatch!!

You may have to go back into IE to apply the new blank p/w and turn content advisor off.

------------------
    Don't let the Muggles get you down...

Cool

Yeah BABY YeaH!!! Perfect. Thanks for the tip.

------------------
    Got a customer problem? Remember, the old proverb "walk a mile in another man's shoes"

At least you will be a mile away when they start complaining.
    Blessed are the geeks, for they shall internet the world

kubrick

Smile

hey protech,

you might be interested to know thay EVERY TIME i have done this the customer says that they don't know who did it or how it happened... Some bug in IE or a virus perhaps?

peace

------------------
    Don't let the Muggles get you down...

Angry

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kubrick:
    EVERY TIME i have done this the customer says that they don't know who did it or how it happened... Some bug in IE or a virus perhaps?</font>
    It's called a "Wetware" bug.

I have customers who suddenly come up with REF segment errors (our equivalent of "bad password"), and when I look in the log, I see that their password has been re-entered! They SWEAR on the Bible and their mother's grave that they NEVER EVER went in there and changed it. Right. How did Y3KL94F turn into SUZIQ? Gee... I don't know.

------------------
    #include &lt;disclaimer.h&gt;: I didn't do it, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything, I swear I checked her ID first! Oh, and the opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.
    #include &lt;disclaimer.h&gt;: I didn't do it, nobody saw me, you can't prove anything, I swear I checked her ID first, and the opinions expressed herein are my own and not those of my employer.