[RESOLVED] iMac and pcAnywhere 9.0

Thread: [RESOLVED] iMac and pcAnywhere 9.0

Charlie

Question iMac and pcAnywhere 9.0

Can pcAnywhere 9.0 be installed on a iMac? This is the IBM version of 9.0, I don't think they have a Mac version. Or can you direct me to other software that will allow a iMac take control of a IBM PC via telephone.

I know that OS server 10 does have cross platform (TCP/IP) File sharing, Have you tried running Virtual PC?? I ran it for awhile, I had a few troubles with installation but after that it was OK.

I know that OS server 10 does have cross platform (TCP/IP) File sharing, Have you tried running Virtual PC?? I ran it for awhile, I had a few troubles with installation but after that it was OK.

tknofile

My experience has been that if you have plenty of RAM (128) and you are running SoftWindows you can run just about anything a PC can. SoftWindows seems to handle the port translation really well. Modems show up just like they would on a PC. I even have clients that run Outlook 98 on SoftWindows and connect to an MS Exchange Server via a LAN with no limitations. Never tried Virtual PC. This other thing does what I want it to. Let me know how it goes.