[RESOLVED] trouble w/ MODEM and PCI CARD

Thread: [RESOLVED] trouble w/ MODEM and PCI CARD

ericr

Post trouble w/ MODEM and PCI CARD

ok, this goes along w/ my earlier message:

I had a PCI BRIDGE problem, but downloading the drivers for it fixed that, now I cannot get the PCI CARD drivers. There is the yellow ? mark in the device manager next to the PCI CARD. Does anyone know where or how I can fix this. I have an ISA modem in my computer, and I it cannot be found on COM1 (where I know it is).

Can the PCI CARD problem be the reason my modem cannot be found on COM1 (in the ISA slot)???

Hopefully someone can help, I do have the drivers for the modem. Thanks

Eric Riggleman

If your modem was on com1, did you disable com1 in the bios? If not your modem will not work due to the conflict with the onboard com port.

The pci card could be a number of things, but if your modem is ISA then it is not the modem. What operating system are you running, is it win95, if so, a lot of boards have features not supported in win95 and sometimes it shows up as PCI CARD, you just leave it alone, if you upgrade to win98, it will load drivers that support it.

jwilson

do i understand correctly that you have 2 modems? one pci and one isa? if this is so, then you will need to get a jumpered modem...the devices are probably conflicting with each other...what kind of pci card are we talking about?
    Originally posted by ericr:
    ok, this goes along w/ my earlier message:

I had a PCI BRIDGE problem, but downloading the drivers for it fixed that, now I cannot get the PCI CARD drivers. There is the yellow ? mark in the device manager next to the PCI CARD. Does anyone know where or how I can fix this. I have an ISA modem in my computer, and I it cannot be found on COM1 (where I know it is).

Can the PCI CARD problem be the reason my modem cannot be found on COM1 (in the ISA slot)???

Hopefully someone can help, I do have the drivers for the modem. Thanks

Eric Riggleman

jwilson

i just reread your post....r u trying to install a pci card into a isa slot?

ericr

ok, this is updated news from before.... I also had a PCI MULTIMEDIA AUDIO DEVICE driver conflict, but that is straightened out after I downloaded the drivers. The PCI CARD has an exclamation next to it instead of a ? mark now. There are no conflicts (as it reports).

I am installing 1 ISA modem, and cannot get even the "Install new modem" wizard to detect it on com1.

Any ideas about either the PCI CARD or MODEM problem? Thanks

-Eric