Driver for Acer 36X CD-ROM

Thread: Driver for Acer 36X CD-ROM

Post Driver for Acer 36X CD-ROM

Does anyone know where I can get a driver for an Acer 36X CD-ROM Drive. Acer is no help. I tried entering the part # of the computer and it can't be found. I have removed the Drive from the PC but Windows will not pick it up Thru PNP or thru device manager (I have PNP Operating System Enabled in CMOS Setting). Please help.
    [email protected]

Just a suggestion but have you tried accessing the drive from DOS to see if its visable?
    i.e. use a windows boot disk to see if its detected and the driver loaded and than try and access it.

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar

You should not need a driver for your CDRom when using windows. If you have configured the jumpers on the CDRom correctly, plugged the IDE cable in the right way, and enabled the correct IDE controller to auto-detect, Windows will load the right driver for it automatically.

If the CD-Rom is the only device connected on the chain it should be set to Master, if there is already a device on the same chain set as Master, the CD-Rom should be set to Slave. If it's a Dell or Compaq machine, you might want to try Cable Select (CSI) just for the heck of it.

What type of system is it, and what is your current setup as far as number of hard drives and cd-rom's?
    WWBRD?

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar

You should not need a driver for your CDRom when using windows. If you have configured the jumpers on the CDRom correctly, plugged the IDE cable in the right way, and enabled the correct IDE controller to auto-detect, Windows will load the right driver for it automatically.

If the CD-Rom is the only device connected on the chain it should be set to Master, if there is already a device on the same chain set as Master, the CD-Rom should be set to Slave. If it's a Dell or Compaq machine, you might want to try Cable Select (CSI) just for the heck of it.

What type of system is it, and what is your current setup as far as number of hard drives and cd-rom's?
    WWBRD?