[RESOLVED] Time on a Packard Bell PC ??????

Thread: [RESOLVED] Time on a Packard Bell PC ??????

smoke wolf

Resolved [RESOLVED] Time on a Packard Bell PC ??????

Question: For those of you who have serviced Packard Bell PC's, what would you say is your average repair time for a modem problem?

Modem is one of their Aztech Combo sound/modem cards, PC is 4225CD model.

MacGyver

Question: how fast can you beat it up into small chunks with a hammer?

Seriously, I just tell people they're better off getting new equipment (in this case, a sound card and modem) especially if there aren't any new drivers. You didn't say what OS they were running...

------------------
    sHIFT hAPPENS

[This message has been edited by MacGyver (edited February 12, 2001).]

scout970

15 min to disable the modem (changing settings, removal , bfh (big f*&^%$g hammer) and instal a new one p.s. which system

RIOT

A while back my parents bought two Packard Bells, exact same model, hardware, etc. One ended up having a few problems with drivers, so I looked on the other one for the correct driver to reinstall. The funny thing is that the other "identical" Packard Bell didn't have any files like the other one. Sorry it was off the topic, but I thought it was a bit funny. Toss the Packard Bell and get a new computer.

smoke wolf

The reason I ask this, is that, we have had several of these in our office recently and the average time was about 3 hours to install and TEST modems out. Normally we have to go through about 3 or 4 modems before we find one that works with their system. I was just wondering if anyone else has run into the same situation.

corelogik

Question

For PB Systems ONLY;

Test: do we have a modem that will fit in the available slot? yes= test complete locate and aquire hardware, no=test failed sell new computer. total test time= 2 minutes

install: allow Win98 to dtect modem and load drivers. yes= test complete return system to customer. total test time= 15 to 20 minutes
    no= test failed direct win98 to path on cd/floppy where drivers can be found. total test time= 15 to 30 minutes.

(this is the standard procedure for any PB system in our shop, we do not waste an abundant amount of time on them if we dont have something that will work on the shelf we sell a new system with all new all modern and up to date components)

------------------
    CoreLogik - "I Control Your MotherBoard"
    Emotion Is Irrelavant
    [email protected]

Many times - which is why we stopped giving standard rates for installs (ie. billed at real time).

------------------
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.
    Death is lighter than a feather - duty heavier than a mountian.

The answer to your question is: 00110100 00110010

I odn't see to many PBs but there is a lot of useful info on them here:

http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/8774/