[RESOLVED] Can't cut and paste(get activex security message)

Thread: [RESOLVED] Can't cut and paste(get activex security message)

SebastianLane

Angry Can't cut and paste(get activex security message)

I can't cut and paste files or folders, can't drag and drop, can't use the send to command. In the left hand pane of windows explorer I can right click on a file or folder and get the little menu, but with folders or files in the right hand pane I don't get anything. I can't even double click a file or folder to open it in the right hand pane, I have to use the open command in the file menu. I didn't install any programs before this started to happen, but I did change some activex settings in the internet options-advanced tab of IE. When I would open up windows explorer after that I got messages that said "that my current activex settings don't alow me to see pages with this content and you should change your activex security settings". So I changed the security levels back, figuring maybe thats what it was, but, I still get those messages, and I am still having the file problems. Can anyone help me get control of windows explorer back long enough to send some important files to my burner.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can cut and paste within apps no problem, just can't on files and folders. In WinExplorer or on my desktop.

Sebastian Lane, MCP
    [email protected]

is there a reset to defaults button on the menu that you made the changes to?? If so use it.

gads12

I first check to see if I did not pick up a virus, then try reinstalling or upgrading the activex files and if that does not work try reinstalling IE.
    Hope this helps.