[RESOLVED] cdrom not recognised after format

Thread: [RESOLVED] cdrom not recognised after format

kahlin

Question cdrom not recognised after format

I have an old pentium66 that I recently formatted so I could load windows 98 on it. The cdrom is not accessible after the format and I don't have any of the startup disks that came with the computer. I've downloaded the correct driver and tried to install it without success. How do I get the cdrom to work again. Thank you to anyone who responds.

kahlin

This is to give more details about this issue. It seems alot of people are having the same issue with the matsu****a lines. I have model CR-562-J. Is it IDE? (If your computer isn't a SCSI then it must be...correct?) Its FCCID is IUO9TB023CRB and yes, I've tried downloading and installing the actual driver from panasonic thats supposed to work. Maybe I'm aslow learner on this issue but I've read and tried to change the config.sys and autoexec.bat files with no luck. Where am I supposed to get these files? From the win98 cd? Is there a special way that I'm supposed to go about getting these files like a startup disk? I've made a startup disk by starting a reinstall of win98 and going up to the point of making the disk before I quit the install. Is there another way to get this startup disk? If anyone can help, I'm new to this and when I finally get it I'll be so happy to help another poor sole out of the same jam I'm in now.

Ali

Wink

What speed is your CD-ROM.Try a Goldstar (LG) driver. This works with most CD-ROMS. The Samsung driver is also another good bet.

kahlin

Thank you Ali and Dima for responding. I'm still stuck but just a little bit further along. Now I've got a driver from goldstar. It editted the autoexec.bat and config.sys files for me. However now I have a runtime error104 at 0000:051F. Device driver not found: 'MSCD000'. No valid CDROM device drivers selected. Can anyone make sense of this error message?

Check e-mail for 562/sb563 installation.
    Do you have CREATIVE SB-PRO?
    Are there other sound card with ide you can use for this NOT IDE cd-rom, I don't know.
    But not on-board IDE and not controllers from 486 IDE - for sure...

William Barnhart

Thumbs up

Originally posted by kahlin:
    Thank you Ali and Dima for responding. I'm still stuck but just a little bit further along. Now I've got a driver from goldstar. It editted the autoexec.bat and config.sys files for me. However now I have a runtime error104 at 0000:051F. Device driver not found: 'MSCD000'. No valid CDROM device drivers selected. Can anyone make sense of this error message?
    You know what? I really have to laugh at all the answers you got from everyone. This is just too easy! IT'S A PERPRIETARY CDROM DRIVE!!!! 2X probably. your best bet would be to get a new CDRom (I had the same problems too & win95 & 98 wont recognise these CDRoms)the only thing I can suggest is to look for the SOUND Card drivers (Probably out of bussines - "Oaktech" , "aztech")this is why i say get a new one.....
    You should have copied the AUTOEXEC.bat & Config.sys files, then found out where the driver was and copy it too, But that doesnt help now. I did the same thing.
    Well , All I can say is GOOD LUCK!!!!

Budget Computers , www.thegrid.net/budgetcomputers
    [email protected]