[RESOLVED] cdrom - unable to identify what model it is

Thread: [RESOLVED] cdrom - unable to identify what model it is

Catherine Carroll

Post cdrom - unable to identify what model it is

I've inherited a pc 4-5yrs old P13 mhz running Windows NT workstation 4.0.
    It has a caddy type cdrom. I want to run it with NT but I am unable to identify what make/model it is in order to obtain the correct NT drivers. Info I have is:-

On the card attached to the cdrom is written
    16bit i/f card
    KU-03294V-ON 74-1645A

If anybody has any ideas as to what make it is please can they email me or email it to this forum. My email address [email protected]

Thanks

rmanet

I've had some success by checking to see if the device is further identified in Windows, and also try to do a search using the key ID you posted - if its an NT machine it's probably likely to be one of the major makers.

William Barnhart

Talking

Originally posted by Catherine Carroll:
    I've inherited a pc 4-5yrs old P13 mhz running Windows NT workstation 4.0.
    It has a caddy type cdrom. I want to run it with NT but I am unable to identify what make/model it is in order to obtain the correct NT drivers. Info I have is:-

On the card attached to the cdrom is written
    16bit i/f card
    KU-03294V-ON 74-1645A

If anybody has any ideas as to what make it is please can they email me or email it to this forum. My email address [email protected]

Thanks
    It is posible that it might be a "perprietary" CDRom (Panasonic,sony,mitsumi)if it is you can go to their website or to windrivers to find the drivers....to find out, turn off your computer, and remove the screws on the back of the case.Remove the case then renove the screw holding the card in (removing for better lighting). keep the ribon cable conected to the card and look on the card near the cable ,if it says: "Panasonic" its a "perprietary" cdrom. also look for "sony" or "mitsumi". if all af these names are on your card, then I garantee its perprietary,(each with its own cdrom "plug in")

Budget Computers , www.thegrid.net/budgetcomputers
    [email protected]