[RESOLVED] remote users

Thread: [RESOLVED] remote users

unikey

Resolved [RESOLVED] remote users

Hi all
    I have a problem with our remote users at my new job..we have 400 users who work remotely and connect via a cisco 770 through cisco secure onto the PDC at head office. Of these about 50 get the error a domain controller couldnot be found you have been logged on using cached information. I have tried the authenticate and login delay timeout changes and up'd the number of login attempt to 8 and still no joy..any ideas?

Is it always the same 50 users that can't log in or does it depend on the location they try to log in from?

Is it possible to ping the PDC / router from one of the workstations that can't login? (or tracert if you are blocking icmp packets)

Have all the workstations got machine accounts on the domain?

Is your PDC limiting the number of concurrant connections?
    What does this button do?

Do they all have the right to log in remotely?
    Hey man! Hand me that thing. Not that thing! The other thing!!! You know, the thing!!!

unikey

Thanks for the replies.... Its always the same use's (BT have tested everyline and passed them ok) the setup is the router dials and then the cisco dials back so tracert and pings are fine its just the logon that fails if we start a ping to the user it then logs on ok if they log on withcached details then logoff and logon again it works fine its just the initial phase... I am sure its got to be timeout values but have changed the logon/authenticate timeout and number of logon attempts but no joy

Simon