[RESOLVED] CDN prices vs. US$ on computer parts and software

Thread: [RESOLVED] CDN prices vs. US$ on computer parts and software

Xavier

Talking CDN prices vs. US$ on computer parts and software

Went on a business trip to detroit this weekend and had time to look at some prices on software and hardware at CompUSA nad Circuit City (niether exists in Canada, I live in Toronto).
    I has agast at the prices you pay for your stuff. Based on the currency differince the price you generally be 40% less in the US for software and hardware. WELL ITS NOT. Looking at the 2 stores I saw that the prices were pretty much the same. 39.99 for Final Fantasy 8 at CompUSA (which was a special). I can get it for 39.99 $CDN at computer city (sort of the same type of store). This was similar for most software and some hardware. Soem hardware was cheaper but not very much.
    So is this normal, what are some of your experinces with Canadian prices very the American prices? Whos getting the best deal. I really feel Canadians are.

Well Xavier, I'm in Hamilton ON, and I too have seen those US prices the same as Canadian prices....I think we are getting the better deal on certain things.

Ray
    Later eh!
    RAVE

Wink

hi,it has been like this for quite some time,i think we have the cheapest prices on pc parts in the world,if you look at what they have to pay in europe,there is a good side to being a Canadian,lol