I have a "Promise" Ultra/66 card and a W.D. 18 gig HDD that are running just fine. I have a SIIG SCSI card and a Seagate 500 meg SCSI HDD as well. If my SCSI card is the number 1 pci slot, and the ULTA/66 in a higher pci slot, everything works fine. If my SCSI bios is enabled, then the SCSI drive is bootable "C" drive. If the SCSI bios is disabled, then the Ultra/66 HDD is the bootable "C" drive. My problem is when I switch the pci positions of the two card. If the ULTRA/66 card is in the number 1 pci slot, and the SCSI in a higher slot, then the system hangs at "Verifying DMI Pool Data.....". This occurs regardless if the SCSI bios is enabled or diabled. I have an ABIT BX6, 2.0 motherborad and am running Windows98 on my Ultra/66 HDD and DOS only on my SCSI HDD. I have contacted ABIT, Promise, and SIIG. Only Promise has talked to me and they tell me they are having trouble with Adaptec cards very much like my problem. I have the most resent flash bios for both the motherboard and the Ultra/66 card as well as the most resent drivers for windows for all the cards. This is a problem when I boot from the "A" drive. I want the system to recognize the Ultra/66 drive to be the "C" and it becomes the "D" drive if the SCSI bios is enabled. If I boot from the "A" drive with the SCSI bios disabled, then the SCSI drive is NOT recognized nor is my SCSI CD-ROM or my SCSI ZIP drive. Any suggestions?

Thank you.

PLK

[This message has been edited by proudtower (edited September 06, 1999).]