[RESOLVED] WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR

Thread: [RESOLVED] WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR

Chandrasekhar

Resolved [RESOLVED] WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR

Just put a new SOYO 6BB Baby AT motherboard in a system with a 64MB and 32MB SDRAM, a Memorex IDE CD-RW, Creative Labs Dxr2 DVD-ROM drive, SB AWE 64, 10.3 Fujitsu and 6.4 Fujitsu, and an ATI A-I-W Pro. When I try to install win98, it gets really flaky during the install, and even if I do get it installed, I get a WINDOWS PROTECTION ERROR. YOU MUST RESTART YOUR COMPUTER.. when I try to boot. sometimes it tells me that the STACKS setting in my config.sys is wrong.. interesting.. Please help. Think it may be the motherboard.

BTW: Win2000 Adv. Srv. works fine, but it keeps freezing and rebooting every, oh, 45 minutes..

Try a different stick of memory. That is usually the problem when I get errors on new windows installs. Some motherboards just don't get along with some brands of memory.

CharlesB

One thing to check is the processor fan to see if it's working. If not it can cause reboots.

Well, you do have something going on. Both of the above are possable. I'd simplify it, you can always add the rest later. Try it with only 1 CD device (CDRW or DVD). Take out 1 stick of ram. etc. And try it.

Still got problems try the other stick of ram only.

Still got problems, then it's not the ram. return motherboard and processor and get another.

------------------
    ---
    Jon Hutto
    ---
    Jon Hutto