gigabyte 60mm7e & microsoft tracker mouse burning /overheating :)

Thread: gigabyte 60mm7e & microsoft tracker mouse burning /overheating :)

Red face gigabyte 60mm7e & microsoft tracker mouse burning /overheating :)

micro desktop system, gigabyte 60MM7E board , not using onboard vga but a S3 trio 8meg agp card, celeron 800 flipchip, 128 megs pc 100 memory 10.2 gb fujitsu drive, pulse pci network card and a microsoft oem tracker mouse.

problem very randomly accross several systems the mouse burns mouse mats. tiny 1cm diameter scorch circles. recreating the problem is very difficult but has been seen to be under the microsoft label below the mouse ball that gets warm. system is running nt4 workstation.

I know this sounds very strange but it does happen i got gigabyte and microsoft checking into it but wonder if anyone has seen this?

Interesting........we just purchased somewhere around 80 new Gateway PC's and have had some problems with "hot mice". We're running W2k Pro on all these machines.

When we purchased them, a UPS was part of the package. It may be coincidence but, the area(s) that had the "hot mice" were the same areas that the UPS's indicated there were grounding and circuit overload problems.

Is it coincidence? Who knows?

Anyway, we didn't notice anything burning but, after getting replacement mice from Gateway and fixing the electrical problems in the areas, the issue has gone away.

Hope this helps!
    "what'dya mean I hosed the whole thing? Is that bad?"

Burning hot mouse balls?

I will let that one go.

Thumbs up

that would add things up ( ups grouding suggesting) as on two sites we havent re-created the problem. shortly sending sending system to gigabyte they have invited microsoft down to lock as well. :P

i will test it on our network first but even running 100's of test on network card and system board no heat. have used thermal label under mouse to double check.

i call my customer and see what power system they have at the site they have problems at ( tayside police dept )

all I can say after reading this -

life is sure full of suprises

mouse that burns mouose pads -

what next ? Keyboard keys flying like popcorn ?

anyone know what boards gateway use?
    or would have used in the 80 pc's mentioned above. Gigabyte say prolly not theirs etc etc

was think about that power issue with this ; i got people checking the site for power problems. remined me of our old problem when we were pulling 105 amps on our 100 amp supply ( UK ) kept getting power cuts ( brown outs ) and monitors would die on the end of the power chain ie blow up.

cut our power usage for 2 months while a new power sub station put in to takes us to 400amps

anyone else experience heating, power, system death etc like this ? like this as in the first 2 posts not general life girls & guys *

Unhappy

sorry about the spelling grammer etc too much absinthe on weekend.

going the hemmingway way