POWER DOWN ON DVD USE

Thread: POWER DOWN ON DVD USE

Angry POWER DOWN ON DVD USE

WHEN USING DVD'S OR COPYING LARGE AMOUNTS OF ANY DATA OVER TO MY HDD THE WHOLE SYSTEM WILL SHUT DOWN.
    THE DVD DRIVE IS ON ITS OWN IDE, DMA ENABLED, LATEST CHIPSET DRIVERS, DURON 850(1000+ CLOCKED ) MIS-TURBO BOARD.
    ANY IDEAS?
    ....damn where is that capslock button
    null

One thing you might want to check is to make sure you've supplying the system enough power. At that speed of processor, with accessories, I'd say you'd need at least a 300Watt.
    Somebody set up us the GPF!

Originally posted by jayhawk88:
    One thing you might want to check is to make sure you've supplying the system enough power. At that speed of processor, with accessories, I'd say you'd need at least a 300Watt.
    Good starting point... You might even be able to troubleshoot this by disconnecting the power leads to all non critical components (floppy, CDROM, CDRW, 2nd HD, even extra fans--just long enough to boot and try the DVD).
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Talking

thanx, I am tighter than a ducks arse when it comes to paying for more stuff, anyway I have had 3 suggestions about that now....I will invest!

I'd also try without the cpu overclocked and see if that is the problem. OC'in a cpu is usually okay, but without sufficient voltage/cooling it can introduce instability into a system real quick. Did u increase the cpu core voltage slightly? If not I recommend doing it to make the system more reliable. Just be careful not to overdo it and smoke the cpu. I'm talking just a few milivolts increase is all.
    -=If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you=-

¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸Sorry_I_Win,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸