Unusual problem after burning a writable cd

Thread: Unusual problem after burning a writable cd

Red face Unusual problem after burning a writable cd

Well, I'm not that new at this !
    I have a Sony re-writable with the expressa software, which is very limited as far as the setting to burn cds.Everytime I burn any kind of data from any source my regular cdrom won't see the disk in the drive, but it will on the Rwritable, and I always use just plain writable cds, not re-writables. This was not happening a while back and I haven't done any mayor changes that could demage the proccess. I sounds to me like when I burn the relular cdrom drive doesn't support it or there's something wrong with that drive, but it works fine with any industrial disc

Any clues people ?

Just a correction:
    I use writable cds for burning and they can't be seen on the standard cdrom device.

Are you closing the session or finalizing the Disk when you're done writing?
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Another thing to note is that most of the CD Rom drives prior to the 32x don't/wont read a burned cd while they'll have no problem with a Mastered original.

I'm with KWB Teck on this one. I've had lots of trouble getting burned CDs to work on older drives, very little trouble with later drives (36X and up).
    One thing that improved my situation was updating the firmware of my burner. Check the Sony website for a firmware update.
    When all else fails.....FDISK!

Thumbs up

I got the same feeling than you guys. I switch the media for a good brand and I had no problems, but once in a while it would take a while for the drive to see the cd.Which concludes that the media that I was using was bad quality and the funny thing is that the cheap cd stack that I used before worked fine, well , I had it for over a year(How bad must to been to last less than a year) and my ariginal cdrom drive that came with the PC is going bananas after 4 years of torture, so it is a combination of hardware issues. Thank you for all the feed back guys...