Can't find drivers for a Compaq Presario 1700 Laptop

Thread: Can't find drivers for a Compaq Presario 1700 Laptop

Unhappy Can't find drivers for a Compaq Presario 1700 Laptop

I have been working on a laptop for a week now and installed win98 SE unfortunately we can't use the recovery disk for the laptop to reinstall windows and it's drivers because the disk is damaged. But we can't get any drivers off of their site to work on the lap top. Is there a reason why or is it just they don't offer drivers they just offer patches to them? I need help on where I can locate drivers that would work. If anyone knows the answer please E-mail me @ [email protected] Thank you

Exclamation

Well, just for grins, you might go here for a selection of Win98 drivers for Compaq's notebooks.

I take it you've already been to their website here for drivers & downloads.

There are 4 different versions of Presario 1700...which one do you have?

I suppose that you could try to order the Recovery Disk from them as a last resort.

Also, when you reinstalled Win98, did you replace the disk drive or formatted the disk? If so, you may have blown away the BIOS info that is stored on a special partition. A lot of Compaq's (I don't know if yours applies or not) use that special partition on the hard drive instead of using CMOS on the motherboard.

Let us know how it goes...Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Does this unit still have the Save drive as D. If so you can load the drivers from there.
    If ya dont know how to do it then let me know and Ill walk ya through the steps..
    *Edited by Sowulo*

Thanks to A d e p t for the avatar!!!!

Im done here

SLASH1

If you haven't wiped the d: drive (system save) do this. Goto d:\cpqs\quicksr and type MFGSW3 to run the restore batch file. It will restore back to factory specs and software. This unit also uses phdisk to set up a hibernation file just so you know.

Good Luck