how can i create a restore cd for my clients?

Thread: how can i create a restore cd for my clients?

In one of the really, really Blue states.

Question how can i create a restore cd for my clients?

i want to burn a cd to restore my clients computers to like new condition, like a cd you might get from compaq or HP (but without all the crap they put on)
    from either a boot from cd type computer or from a floppy to install cd drivers.
    is there software i can use? or would i have to write a batch file using commands like format and xcopy32?
    anyone know how? any siftware you use?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

Taqwus

You can write a batch file for it.
    I just got one from a tech store and am reverse engineering it to figure it out I will post the results when I get it done

In one of the really, really Blue states.

thanks. i will also let you know what i come across.
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

Use a combination of drive image and Easy restore. That's How I do it.

------------------
    feel free to comment on my website. http://www.bytesback.fsbusiness.co.uk
    feel free to comment on my website. <a href="http://www.bytes-back.co.uk" target="_blank">http://www.bytesback.fsbusiness.co.uk</a>

I use WinImage to create an ISO image of the harddrive , and write a batch file on the floppy that will extract the image. I than use Nero to burn a bootable CD.
    It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. -- Albert Einstein
    It said 'Insert disk #3', but only two will fit. -- The average customer.
    "There is no need for any individual to have a computer in their home." – Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977 …….

[email protected]

Power Quest Easy Restore & Drive Image. Making the CD bootable is great, but it requires the customer to change BIOS settings assuming you use the default boot sequence A, C, SCSI. I find giving them a Boot floppy is the best solution. Insert floppy, insert CD & reboot, no fuss no muss.
    Also with Easy Restore & Partition Magic you can place your restore image on a hidden partition at the end of the drive and boot from a floppy to retrieve it. You can find scripts to do this on Power Quest's site.

maku99

you might want to try norton ghost formerly binary research ghost companies like advent use this software to image stand alone pcs and also networks in conjunction with boot diskettes .i have managed to create bootable cds from this which require 3 presses of "y2 key to fdisk format and restore 98 and all relevant drivers in toto.

Taqwus

There is a way to make one where you can have it boot from a floppy or from the cd itself and it will install all the way up to the agree/disagree statement after you hit enter 4 more times it runs itself again until it is finished it also adds the cd key to it and all the clock settings and other options you need