[RESOLVED] Epox 7kxa mobo wont use my floppy!?

Thread: [RESOLVED] Epox 7kxa mobo wont use my floppy!?

Lucky

Resolved [RESOLVED] Epox 7kxa mobo wont use my floppy!?

I recently purchased a new computer. It's an athlon 650. I chose the epox 7kxa mobo because it uses AGP 4x and PC133. That is all great, but of all the things to go to hell, it keeps giving me some error and my floppy drive is useless. I have hooked it up every way possible and even used a different floppy from another machine and it still didn't work. im beginning to think the mb is messed up.
    I really dokn't mind not having a floppy (as soon as i get my modem that is) and will probably just live with it if it is the motherboard. Any suggestions?
    Oh, BTW, in the CMOS settings i finally just told it that i dont have a floppy, now i get no floppy error (its not looking to see if i have one). BUT, now windows 98 (not SE) thinks i have an old 5 1/4 floppy! WHen i try to select it wondows dies. mouse still works, but i can't click anything. I ctrl alt del and then it freezes. Any suggestions for any of these problems? Considering i can't update anything till i get my modem...
    Thanks

Frithiof_Olsen

Thumbs down

If it is only recently purchased, TAKE IT BACK! It should still be under warranty.

You have obviously tried different cables, tried using the straight through cable so it becomes drive B: and then telling the BIOS to SWAP drives?

3fingersalute

Thumbs up

I would definitely take it back and demand a new mainboard if it is that new...but if worse comes to worse, you could always put in a LS-120 drive if for some dumb reason you decide to keep a brand new defective motherboard.

------------------
    [email protected]

Lucky

Yeah, i guess you are right. I have tried using a strait cable and switching the drive letters....
    Here is the problem with buying on the internet!