Id Compaq Modem?

Thread: Id Compaq Modem?

Post Id Compaq Modem?

I've tried all the places I can think to find out about this modem. It's got Compaq stamped all over it and several sets of numbers, none of wich can be found on compaqs web site. It says "replace with compaq spare 225152-001 on the circuit board and then on the back on a sticker it says that plus "fax/modem-faulkland [236742-001]. None of this comes up on compaq's site. Also on circuit board is : c0-1914iva and pm1192001202. It also has two other stickers that say : m6015 and mi-1914iva. But again nothing can be found on this thing. The chips on this thing are AT&T and LG Semicon. Anyone have an idea what this thing is? Or is this a lost cause?
    Thanks in advance

GLSmith
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

Hi.
    Is there a sticker that says fcc id#xxxxxxxxx
    If there is you can trace down the real manufacturer by using the advanced driver search here at windrivers.

It's a Compaq modem.
    Yes, they do build them using Rockwell, PCTel, Motorolla, and Cirrus chips.
    It WILL NOT work in any other computer.

------------------
    Who needs a life, I have Internet!
    Jim & Sue's Free Files | Jim's Modems
    Who needs a life, I have Internet! <a href="http://members.cnx.net/reboot/" target="_blank">Jim & Sue's Free Files</a> | <a href="http://reboot.8m.com" target="_blank">Jim's Modems</a> | [email protected]

Jkinsman

Exclamation

That spare part number comes up as a modem for Compaq Presario 5500, 9200, 9500 and 9600 series. Hopefuly that will help. Let me know specificaly what info your looking for, I may be able to find out more. Althought, a SPS-MODEM,19.2BPS is almost obsolete.