[RESOLVED] Keyboard stop working !!!

Thread: [RESOLVED] Keyboard stop working !!!

Jkinsman

Resolved [RESOLVED] Keyboard stop working !!!

Hi, I was installing USB connectors to the motherboard ( asus TX97 ) and hooked up an HP scanner. The system just started beeping continuously with keyboard error. I thought it was the USB connections in wrong so I unpluged the conections but same result. I then switch keyboard in case of stuck key. But same result. When the system starts with any keyboard it start being ( like a stuck key) and no lights on the keyboard. Any suggestion or am I screwed ?

Peter

Remove the USB card and see if machine is still functioning. You might want to check to see if any metal from system board to case such as loose screw is throwing you system board. If you system still works, try the USB card one more time. if it doesn't, you might a messed up you system board during install.

Good luck

Peter

Woops, scratch that last response. You have onboard usb. ok, go into bios and disable usb and check system. My onboard USB's don't work either. Asus kinda dropped the ball on some of these system boards. Get a PCI USB card and install it if you can recover machine.

Good Luck
    Peter

Jkinsman

Cool

I found the problem. This actualy happen before. I just forgot and it was a different situation. The keybaord fuse is blown , or at the time half blown, thats why I was getting noise like if the keyboard keys were stuck. I rush to the electronic store and picked up a 3A fuse and installed it. Working fine now. I a bit worried in trying to hook up the on board usb again. I did find the specs on Asus web page and I did install it correctly. Oh weel I bought plenty of fuses.

Case Closed