[RESOLVED] WP9 / 98SE

Thread: [RESOLVED] WP9 / 98SE

shawnMt

Resolved [RESOLVED] WP9 / 98SE

Anyone seen crazy stuff happen with WordPerfect9 and 98SE? I got a customer who swares that text is disappearing and that when she saves something it will save at first but when she comes back the next day the old original document just "comes back." I know, basically impossible but there are about 3 people who sware they've seen it to.
    I for one have not seen it.
    Any help will be better than none.

If I were you, I'd go to her office and observe her procedure for saving a document. You didn't mention her level of experience.
    It is very possible that she may be doing something wrong.
    Also, I wonder if she might have a "Gremlin" in the office who is playing games with her. I've not found much in the way of wierd stuff that's really "impossible" when it comes to computers, but only certain files just disappearing overnight is highly improbable.

------------------
    Are we havin' fun yet?
    Are we havin' fun yet?

Arrow

One button is alt-F1 (delete) and the other is simply F1 (Save) in wordperfect. I have done the same thing before working on mainframe at school from a file off the tape drive and thought I had lost everything I had there. I agree with "Grafman" heh, observe what she is doing to save and exit and to inform her to pay attention.

[This message has been edited by physjcirl (edited October 10, 1999).]