Out of memory Error??????

Thread: Out of memory Error??????

Angry Out of memory Error??????

Maybe one of yall have heard of this happening.
    Pack Bell 200MMX
    Vodoo III Video
    7.2 Gig Hd
    64 MB Ram

Any time Microsoft Word or Microsoft Works Suite is accessed. The out of memory error message appears. I can't reinstall the program. When I try an out of memory error appears. I have checked the HD(4+ gig free space) for errors, run defrag, etc......
    I checked all of the virtual memory settings. They are all correct. I have used a P Bell diag disk to verify the memory was ok. Still can't get Word 97 or Works to Perform. All other programs work properly.
    Even memory hog games they have on there.

ANY SUGGESTIONS??????? :|

------------------
    It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. -- Albert Einstein
    It said 'Insert disk #3', but only two will fit. -- The average customer.
    [email protected]

It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education. -- Albert Einstein
    It said 'Insert disk #3', but only two will fit. -- The average customer.
    "There is no need for any individual to have a computer in their home." – Ken Olson, President of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977 …….

[email protected]

tknofile

Lightbulb

First, run a virus check with new defs to make sure an unwanted visitor hasn't embedded itself in a MS shared .dll that is used by Works and Word. If that comes back clean, most likely a microsoft shared .dll is corrupted (reports an incorrect file size)and tries to grab an inordinate amount of RAM to load.This shared .dll is probably also used when the installer runs which would explain the install problems. Just so you don't waste anymore time on this I would backup & scrag the HDD and start from scratch. If you wanna be a hero and you've got time to burn you could try to identify the bad boy using Norton WinDoctor or The Windows 98 system file checker to identify (and restore)a file that's out of whack. It's heroic, but I've found that heroes average a lower hourly rate!

Darren Wilson

try changing your video card. If you are running a voodoo 3 on a P200MMX especially a Pcakrd Bell which will no doubt be running a i430TX chipset, the motherboard will not be able to deliver enough power to the card causing these errors. I had s similar problem with a Creative Graphics Blaster ( PCI Cirrus chipset old card ) and Excel 97. Go to use excel, either the system locks or it pops up ' out of memory ', everything else is fine. Give it a go or at least try other drivers for the card.

PS I was always under the impression that VooDoo 3 are AGP ard only??? Unless STB have released a PCI version....

------------------
    why are our jobs so interesting??????

For a different ' angle ' on life visit my NEW homepage @ http://www.bivvyup.co.uk

If anyone comes up with an answer to this please let me know.

System:

PIII 500MHZ
    Abit BE6, 128MB Cas2 PC100 SDRAM
    Voodoo2 AGP, Creative soundblaster,

Same trouble and very bizarre. Out of memory whenever I try to use Workssuite 4.5...Jeanne
    "The most incomprehensible thing about the world is that it is comprehensible."-Albert Einstein

dmclinn

Make sure all of the temporary files are deleted from the TEMP directory under windows, very common cause of out of memory, especially when printing.