Search e-mail prog for multi users on W98 *with* security

Thread: Search e-mail prog for multi users on W98 *with* security

Question Search e-mail prog for multi users on W98 *with* security

Hi,

I want to upgrade my home-net by adding a few security/privacy features in e-mail...

What I have:

- Win98 x3
    - ISDN dial-up connect with a router
    - pop3-accounts at freemailer
    - at that moment I use Netscape Messenger (Communicator 4.7) with multiple profile

What I want at minimum (and that's ok for the beginning):

- Have a Mail-Prog that password-protects the different user-areas... so that nobody just can sniff around on the disk...

What I not want (yet):

- password-protect the OS-userarea i.e. use NT/W2K or use strange policies to restrict the users (my family) on the PC's itself

My own suggest is to use a linux-based 'always on'-server... but that's for future investigation...

Can someone name me a prog that does something similar to the facts above?

What security problems are you worried about?.. are we talking about external attacks from people on the 'net, or are we worried about people walking up to your PC(s)and reading email?..

What sort of router do you have?, as that should afford you some degree of security, but if your still concerned, a unix based system is the way to go, but would require some homework.
    [email protected]

http://forum.hot4s.com.au - Hot 4's & Performance cars

Cool

security concerns are about my wife and children reading my e-mails... as they MAY sit at the PCs I don't want to prevent them from using the system!

yes... the router prevents me from attacks... it's NATted and I use ZoneAlarm on the PCs