I was not getting any replies over in the Windows XP forum, so i decided to delete my post over there and re-post it here.

I have Windows XP Pro, and I have 2 account names. both are administrative acconts with full access, and they dont have hidden files from each other.

"User 1" has no password.
"User 2" has a password.

my wife and i are the only ones using the pc, and i created the 'user 2' account, as i could not logon with remote desktop without a password. I created the user 2 account with a password solely for remote administration.

Now herein lies the problem.

If i am home, and log in with the "user 2" account, open up some programs, and then use the 'switch user' option so I can login to the "user 1" acount- it ask me for a password. As this account has no password at all, i cannot get in. leaving it blank gives you the "did you forget your password?" message. I can however, go back into the "user 2" account, create a password for the "user 1" account, and then login with that password. (still with me? )the only other way to get into the "user 1" account is to reboot windows--- it then lets me go into the "user 1" acount without asking for a password.

I have all the updates applied that are available for windows xp thru Windows update, Im not using the classic logon screen, and the guest account is turned off.

Has anyone run into this, and if so, what is causing this? For now, i just put a password on both accounts so this stops happening, but would like to go back to now password on "user 1"