Burner is toast I think.

Thread: Burner is toast I think.

Post Burner is toast I think.

Anyone know of a program to test your burner...ie the firmware, recording capabilities, buffer etc.. I'm getting different errors in ez cd, nero, clonecd, and cdrwin, but none will burn anything. I know its not the media, the hardware configuration, or the software since I had the same prob on a fresh install of XP.

I'm currently running 98se.
    Compaq sux!

I haven't heard of such utility.
    If you're sure it's caused by the unit, try a firmware upgrade although I don't think it will solve the problem.
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.

Barco

Unfortunately CDWRITERS dont last forever I had a similar problem recently (not as severe though). Try not to use cds you can see through in your CDWRITER, Its supposed to increase the life of your writer.

Lightbulb

The only good test for a piece of hardware is to swap it into another computer and check there...
    Spaceman Spiff sets his blaster to frappé...

is your cd burner a very late model? because sometime burning software are not up-to-the-minute to match your burner's capabilities, which can't support your burner's latest features (i.e. my friend's HP 8200i needs the software (ez cd 3.5xx) that came with the drive because at the time of release no other software supports its capabilities/driver) but with ez cd 4.x its fine without hp's software

have you tried ez cd 5.x? you can test your burner's capabilities in ez cd 3.5x or later, just go to create data cd, and under the tools there's a system test option.

hope that helps
    No one cares how hard you worked,
    they want result!

BCM diagonostics can test read
    data and over-runs.Full access stroke tests and some other features...Maybe it will help ya.All points mentioned apply as well. Good luck
    http://www.compgeeks.com/images/M-Ge...4_01%20(1).gif

"It is because light travels faster than sound that some people seem brilliant until they speak...."

I always loved the quote!

Cool

Thanks to all. Esp. computerhead.
    Compaq sux!

Are you sure its not lack of power? i had a friend who continuesly got buffer underruns and the such like, untill i unplugged one of his hard drives, 10cd's later, still burning every disc, installed a more powerfull psu & it worked great since,

its just a thought, hopefully you will get it working

All sorts of wonderful things in life.