Cd-Rom Door problems

Thread: Cd-Rom Door problems

Wink Cd-Rom Door problems

Hi n my win 98 I had a problems with my CD-ROM drive Door it is a 24X CD-ROM IDE,Internal.
    the problems is :If I tried to opened I have to press about 6 to 8 times and then it will open .
    the same, if I tried to opened true my computer point to CD -Rom drive then to Eject option.
    I bought my CD-ROM 2 years ago from the store & I used only to install my operation system and that,s all , and I used two weeks ago to install Quake 3 Arena and unreal tournament ,I do not listen to music or whatsoever.
    is my problems related to hardware or software and How can I resolved ,any advice will be sincerely appreciated.

hmm could be hardware, did you try sticking a pin in that little hole to see if it opens? then close it and push eject to open and close and see if it works.

Hello Hello, Yes hello to me and hello to you, I am the Crap On and i live in a zoo and its such a friendly old zoo and such fun you'll enjoy yes you will everyone, every two will enjoy it, every three, every four. so come visit my zoo and come up on four.

http://www.danasoft.com/vipersig.jpg

replace the drive
    Would you like fries with that?

Take off the face plate and get some pressured air and try cleaning it. if it hasn't been used much then it may be clogged up with dust and other elements.
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

disconnect the IDE cable and try to open it manually, if the problem persists then replace the drive. If not, it is most likely in windows, probably low on reosources.
    24 Hours in a day, 24 beers in a case, coincidence?
    I THINK NOT!!!
    It Wasn't Me...It Was The One Armed Man.

[quote]Originally posted by Wildman6971:
    <strong>replace the drive</strong><hr></blockquote>

Agreed!
    The wandering Odysseus of the web.