HP printer problem

Thread: HP printer problem

Post HP printer problem

i have an hp 882 printer. my problem is when i print anything, it prints crooked??? tried all the usual stuff, but it still prints crooked. is there any alignment pins in the printer or jack screws or anything that i can adjust??

thanks guys

Sounds like the paper is slipping. Try cleaning the feed assembly and maybe try paper with a softer finish.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

Hi,
    HP Tech Support for DeskJets would tell you to clean the rubber paper feed rollers with a damp sponge. Another possibility would be that the Ink Cartridges are not inserted properly...you might try removing and replacing them. Also, open up the cover and check the paper path for debris...and remove same.
    I know you said that you already did the basics but Good Luck!
    DonJ
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Hurricane_532

As an HP authorized printer tech... I have to agree with the above. There are no adjustments for paper registration on the deskjet printers. It is usually caused at the time of pick up. Chances are if it is not the grey (sometimes black) pickup rollers, (meaning you have already reconditioned them and I recommend isoprophyl alcohol instead of just a wet sponge), then it may be the cork tensioner behind the pickup roller in the center. If it is worn unevenly or the spring is applying too much pressure it will cause the lack of paper registration. Good Luck

------------------
    When All Else Fails Run The Fdisk Patch!
    Glenn H. Shelton III
    CBS Computers
    Saint Cloud FL