[RESOLVED] need help with onboard audio on the biostar m5saa

Thread: [RESOLVED] need help with onboard audio on the biostar m5saa

MegaHurtz

Resolved [RESOLVED] need help with onboard audio on the biostar m5saa

Does anyone know where i can get some audio drivers for the onboard audio for the biostar m5saa motherboard? win98 says that it has detected a PCI audio device but it cant find no drivers for it ... plz help its a customers pc ... thnx

archangel

You probably already tried this, the first thing you need to do is go the MB web page to find out what type of sound chip the board has. In fact you could probably get the driver there.

------------------
    www.el-mono.com

MegaHurtz

tried that .... they have drivers for the onboard video but nothing for the sound, well theres sound drivers but not for this motherboard, think i should try em anyway?

In one of the really, really Blue states.

jeez i just posted a reply, it showed, now its gone?. here is a link to the drivers(ess solo-1) http://www.biostar-usa.com/Driver/MB..._driver_up.htm
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin
    "I'm a hard worker." -George W. Bush

MegaHurtz

got the sound workin (btw thanx), but i got one more problem, the modem wont install, windows auto detects it, BUT when i go to add the modem in the control panel, it doesnt find it.. it is a GVC F-1156IVA2A i downloaded the drivers and it SEEMS to install but when i try to dial my cel phone it wont dial ... any suggestions/ this is on the same computer that i needed the sound drivers for

Question

you mean the driver doesn't load, or after it loads it doesn't show in modems? is it a lucent chip?
    "We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." -Benjamin Franklin

MegaHurtz

yeah its lucent .. the drivers loads and installs and it shows up in the modems control panel and in device manager with no conflicts... cant think of anything else rthat would be wrong ... tried movin it to a diff slot and still nothin

does it show up ok in MORE INFO? when all else fails i use the generic lucent modem driver from lucent that seems to work every time(plus its ver. 5.75) if that doesn't work try checking for tone/pulse dial, check telephony in control panel- or my fave- try another modem.

MegaHurtz

a generic driver ... genius

MegaHurtz

err ... any idea where i might FIND such a driver/

MegaHurtz

thanx, i thought you took off on me

MegaHurtz

thanx but it didnt seem to work ... it says lucent win modem in the modem control panel, but it says its on com 3... um i dont know what else to try, lucent doesnt MAKE the modem its a gvc with a lucent chip, think that would matter? ill dig around on the lucent website and see if i can come up with anytihng else