win2k default cd-rom drive

Thread: win2k default cd-rom drive

Exclamation win2k default cd-rom drive

I do not why, but my multimedia keyboard MCK-800 has stopped working
    suddenly.
    I mean, I do not manage to open a CD using RplCd.exe, that is the player
    provided with the keyboard, unless I switch off one drive of the 2 I have
    (that is, a CD-Dvd and a CDRW)
    I presume, the player does not know any more which is the default cd-rom drive, and
    so it does not chose anyone.
    I think there must be something wrong in my registry of Windows 2000 (that
    is my operating system)
    I remember that in Windows 98 it was easy to set the default cd-rom drive, at least for reading audio CD (Start > Settings > Control Panel > Multimedia > CD Music tab.> Default CD-ROM drive for playing CD music box)
    But in Windows 2000 the step is different, because the information that is on the CD Music tab in the Multimedia tool in Control Panel in Windows 95 and Windows 98 is now located on the Properties tab for the CD-ROM drive (or Start > Settings > Control Panel > Sound and Multimedia > Hardware tab > CD-ROM drive), and there is no possiblity to decide which is the default cd-rom drive.
    I tried to write to the assistance of my keyboard, but I got only this useless answer: "The keyboard software only will use the default CD-ROM to play music or any media file. And it depends on which CD-ROM you define as your default CD-ROM in your computer. Please check your windows Manual to change your default CD-ROM".
    Could you tell me your opinion, and advice me how to modify my registry in
    order to restore the ful functionality of the keyboard?

I have just replied to your question in the Windows 2000 forum.

Please don't post the same question in 2 forums. The moderators will shout at you loudly if you do!
    I never apologize to anyone ever. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am. (Homer Simpson, 1999)

Topic Closed.

Continued at:

<a href="http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=29&t=002108" target="_blank">http://forums.windrivers.com/cgi-bin/forum3/noncgi/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=29&t=002108</a>
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."