[RESOLVED] Can't detect blank CD's

Thread: [RESOLVED] Can't detect blank CD's

MacGyver

Angry Can't detect blank CD's

I'm trying to burn an audio CD using Easy CD Creator 5 and an HP 9100i CD-RW. I insert a blank CD into the writer, and try to start the burning process, it spits out the CD, and it asks me for a blank one! It does this with 74 or 80 minute CD's.

I know I could try reinstalling, but I was wondering if anybody else has heard of this and/or knows of a solution,

Thanks

------------------
    I help others in the name of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

Garak

have u tried anyother software? this is wot i would try first, also is the drive brand new, and will it read written discs? ive seen writers that will read & not write due to some factor ie someone has been smoking near the drive, or some other reason. any how hope that it works ......
    over & out.

------------------
    If You Cant Beat It, Bin It....

Just A Thought

I've had this happen a few times but a reboot has always fixed it. Make sure you have the latest update v5.02B too.

------------------
    Note to self: Re-index brain cells, database corruption present.
    "Badges? We don't need no stinking badges."

MacGyver

Thumbs up

Sowulo was right on the money. I tried again today after my computer was shut off for the night, and no problems. BTW, 80 minute CD's work great in the car, too! I checked on Roxio's site for any updates, but they advise you not to download the latest patch unless your burner isn't detected.

Thanks ppl...

------------------
    I help others in the name of my Lord, Jesus Christ.

J189

I had that happen to me also when i had a hp burner with easy cd creator, but i ditched both of them, and am not happily burning with out a problem with NTI and a 12x10x32 Lite-On Burner

I think it was more a glitch with cd-creater, than with the cd burner, cause i used nero with my hp and it worked fine

------------------
    Never let the facts get in the way of a carefully thought out bad idea!

godofuq

This used to happen quite often on my old 2X HP cd writer. I always just chalked it up to something wierd with being an external drive, restarted and everything was fine.

------------------
    I feel like a little worm on a big f*****g hook.

-Aplustech